We’re dedicating today’s top story to the people and publications that we rely on to find the most interesting digital health stories from across the web. Assuming that you already subscribe to Digital Health Wire, these are the 45 other newsletters, websites, and podcasts to follow if you want to keep up with the latest and greatest in healthcare.
Although we stay on top of all the mainstream outlets and digital health journals, some of the best content is usually found just off the beaten path. We’re a newsletter, we love newsletters, so we’re kicking things off with our favorite healthcare newsletters.
- Out-of-Pocket – These aren’t in any particular order… but OOP’s at the top for a reason.
- Health API Guy – Our go-to for How to Win Friends and Integrate Systems.
- Health Tech Nerds – One part DH community. One part newsletter. All fantastic.
- X = Primary Care – Wide-ranging insights that keep PCPs at the center.
- Dem Dry Bones – Never fails to bring new takes to the table.
- Hospitalogy – Healthcare business breakdowns that you won’t find elsewhere.
- Healthcare Huddle – Always delivers a deep dive on the topic du jour.
- Second Opinion – Who doesn’t love a good journalist turned VC success story?
- Hick-Picks – The series on payor plumbing made us instant fans.
- The Frontier Psychiatrists – All over the place in the best possible way.
- STAT Health Tech – The digestible gateway to the rest of STAT’s coverage.
- Digital Thoughts – Product management musings from a reformed pharmacist.
- Differential Diagnosis – Asking the hard questions about the industry’s biggest trends.
- Acute Condition – Everything from manufacturing to unbundling physicians.
- Wah’s Wonderful War Room – Few and far between but always worth the wait.
When we’re done rounding up the headlines from the major news sites and back out of our morning newsletter rabbit hole, we can count on finding more fresh perspectives from these specialty publications and blogs.
- The Imaging Wire (of course)
- Cardiac Wire (of course)
- Health Populi
- The Keckley Report
- Home Health Care News
- Behavioral Health Business
- Rock Health
- Telecare Aware
- Vator News
These days most of our favorite content isn’t published, it’s tweeted. These all-stars are the ones doing the tweeting. (With sample tweets for your viewing pleasure.)
- Rik Renard – @rikrenard
- Morgan Cheatham – @morgancheatham
- Nikhil Krishnan – @nikillinit
- Alyssa Jaffee – @AlyssaJoyJaffee
- Jay Parkinson MD, MPH – @jayparkinson
- Blake Madden – @B_Madden4
- Stuart Blitz – @StuartBlitz
- Andy Mychkovsky – @healthcareandy
- Jan-Felix Schneider – @jfschneidr
- Sanjula Jain, PhD – @sanjula_jain
- Julie Yoo – @julesyoo
- Chris Hogg – @cwhogg
- Erin Brodwin – @erinbrodwin
- Jessica DaMassa – @jessdamassa
- Dhruv Vasishtha – @dvasishtha
And finally, the podcasts that let our ears take over when our eyes are tired from all the blogs and tweets. We have a soft spot for founder interviews, B2B trends, and long form conversations.
- Vital Signs – If you’ve had a hard time finding a great healthcare pod, this is it.
- Pear Healthcare Playbook – Stellar interviews with movers and shakers.
- The Virtual Shift – True thought leadership on the shifting virtual care landscape.
- HIT Like a Girl Pod – Holding up a mic to the rockstar women of healthcare.
- Bright Spots in Healthcare – A relentlessly sunny gaze on healthcare’s success stories.
It’s a lot to keep up with, but if you want the best digital health news out there, these sources will do more than get you started. You can also subscribe to Digital Health Wire and we’ll do the heavy lifting for you:)
PS – This list could easily have been a top 100, so if there’s a publication or news source that we’re crazy for not including, hit reply and let us know!