Hewlett Packard Enterprise’s (HPE) latest Future of Healthcare Survey explored the pandemic’s impact on healthcare technology, finding that 89% of IT decision makers (ITDMs) have made investing in new technology a priority for their organization.
HPE surveyed 400 healthcare IT decision-makers and patient-facing clinicians throughout the US and UK, each working at organizations with over 500 employees.
- 76% of clinicians believe telehealth will soon account for a majority of patient care
- 68% agreed they frequently have technology issues in delivering telehealth
- 82% believe medical devices will have the largest tech impact in the next 5 years
IT Decision Maker Findings
- 85% of ITDMs say “IT modernization” is their largest IT investment priority
- 59% say “innovation” is their largest IT investment priority
- 72% cited IT security as a main concern when moving data to the cloud
Although HPE naturally recommends its own GreenLake edge-to-cloud platform as the optimal answer to each of these problems, the clinician findings highlight that technology’s evolving role in healthcare is a bigger than a single solution, and one that is only expected to get bigger from here.